Monday, August 24, 2015

August Update!

Our first Shoe Drive is underway, and has been a great success so far! As of today, we have 37 pairs of shoes ready for distribution! That's 37 people that won't have to go without, as fall approaches.

  • I will be updating our official inventory, and posting it soon. It will also be distributed to all the local charities that I have reached out to, so we can start getting them distributed. 
  • As we start getting shoes in, I have found another need. If you have new or used (very good condition) shoe laces, I have several pairs of shoes that I need to replace them on. Just drop them off at the closest drop box location, and we will put them to use!
  • Area schools are heading back this week, so I will be reaching out to guidance counselors in the coming weeks to see if they know of any needs within their schools. 
  • I still have several donation boxes that I can put at area businesses, so please let me know if you have a location that can host a box. 

Thank you again to all that have donated, or have reached out to me to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment